The building complex consists of four bodies of buildings positioned on four levels of different altimetries – to the west and east between the beach and via Sparanello-Culotta road, to the north and south between the cliff and an impluvium, and an intermediate level of approximately eight metres above sea level.
Its construction can be dated back between the late 1800’s and the 1940’s and the accurate reconstruction was made possible by a source of great historical importance, the iconographic documentation prepared on behalf of the Archduke Ludwig Salvator of Austria, published in Prague between 1893 and 1896 in eight volumes, containing the results of the studies conducted on the archipelago of the Aeolian Islands in the late 1870’s.
In particular, in the volume dedicated to the Island of Lipari of 1894 there is a lithograph that illustrates the northern end of the Gulf of Canneto with the promontory of Sparanello, where further north to the site where the current property is found two large sheds are depicted, the back of which are partially covered by a courtyard, a building constructed on the far eastern cliff and another building on the northern end that closes off the courtyard itself.
At the end of the 1940’s another document, this time photographic, depicts a building with a considerably different consistency, which remained unchanged until 1969, the year the painting depicting the area dates back to.
Aria, acqua, terra, fuoco, the generative force that continues to represent the individual residences, in their exclusive revisitation, even today.